OLCC Commissioners Adopt Marijuana Rule Changes
12/21/2018 2:16:47 PM +00:00
Under the rules change Oregon Medical Marijuana Program cardholders or a designated caregiver will be allowed to purchase a larger amount of marijuana during a single transaction. In August 2018, after noticing suspicious purchase activity in the state’s Cannabis Tracking System, the OLCC reduced the daily purchase limit to one (1) ounce for OMMP cardholders.
The rule changes approved by the Commission take effect on December 28, 2018.
Key elements of the rules changes include:
- Creating a denial basis for licensees who fail to complete the renewal process, and for license applicants found to have an unauthorized interest in a licensed business;
- Ending the issuance of new licenses to processors as alternating proprietors (shared kitchen) on the same licensed premises for applications received after January 1, 2019, but grandfathering all current processors in alternating proprietorships;
- Clarifying camera coverage for waste material and amending the penalty structure for violations based on the amount of missing camera footage and the number of offenses;
- Redefining the allowable shape of canopy areas a producer may have and including an allowance for producers to obtain a professional survey in lieu of the quadrilateral shape requirement;
- Allowing wholesale licensees to provide retailers with samples from product lines originating from multiple licensees;
- Increasing trade sample amounts for cannabinoid products, and allowing licensees to share trade samples with employees as long as the transaction is tracked in the Cannabis Tracking System;
- Increasing medical patient purchase to eight (8) ounces of usable marijuana per day and no more than thirty-two (32) ounces per month;
- Clarifying that a retailer can only sell a customer five (5) grams of an inhalant per day; and
- Allowing retailers to apply for the ability to deliver to patients and primary caregivers throughout the state, even in opt-out jurisdictions.
The new rules can found here on the OLCC Recreational Marijuana website.
Featured Members OLCC Rules
Back to Blog
Print Bardcodes. Barcode your products for quick POS lookups
Thermal Printer Compatible
Compatible with Dymo, Star, Zebra and Brother Printers
OLCC Tax Tracking
Stay compliant by tracking required state and local taxes with each Marijuana sale
OLCC and OMMP Compliance
Stay compliant with Oregon Measure 91 and OAR 845-025 by tracking taxes for the Oregon Department of Revenue for OLCC recreational sales.
Stay compliant with ORS 475.300 - 475.346 by generating instant OMMP friendly inventory reports and manifests.
Upload scanned authorization to transfer forms, Intake Forms And Lab Test documents. Instant access To forms When you need them For OMMP Authority Reviews.
Website and Email
Get an instance, professional website with .COM name and company email for your dispensary.